Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Pro Circuit - Signups & OOC
[align=center][b][font=Impact][size=xx-large][color=#FFA500]POKEMON PRO CIRCUIT[/color][/size][/font][/b][/align]
[b]The Story[/b]
You collected all the gym badges. You defeated the Elite Four. And you even took down the champion. But now a new challenge is arising. On the remains of Cinnabar Island a new facility has been constructed. Sponsored by the Pokemon League, only the best trainers have been invited to what is to be the greatest Pokemon challenge of all time. Hosted by the 4 Champions Bruno, Lance, Steven and Cynthia, the Pokemon Pro Circuit shall determine just who is the best of all time and just who is worthy of the title, Pokemon Master.

[b]The Rules[/b]
For the most part the Pokemon Pro Circuit will be done in a similar vein to that of the Ultimate Tournament. Each roleplayer will have a single character with their team of six Pokemon and they will be sorted into a bracket. Two roleplayers will fight it out until one's team is KO'd and at that point a judge (usually myself) will declare the winner. As with the Ultimate Tournament the winner may not necessarily be the one who KO'd the others Pokemon. If you did so by being extremely cheap or by godmodding you will not be moving on and your opponent will.
For story's sake the tournament will held on the newly reconstructed Cinnabar Island and there will be a Pokemon version of the Bellona Tavern.

We will be following the canon of the games as well as using their mechanics (mostly, some things such as the PP system and using items won't be involved). Each Pokemon will be allowed a held item for them to use but it is up to the roleplayer to make sure item is used in a way that would not disrupt the flow of the roleplay. For example it would just be kinda odd if after being hit by an attack your Pokemon would just munch on the Leftovers item. Please try and keep this reasonable.

All battles shall be 3-on-3. The trainers do not have to pre-select their team of three Pokemon and may recall them as they wish but once you send out a Pokemon you have to use them. The Final Round shall be a full 6-on-6 Pokemon Battle. Also depending on how things are going I may increase the Semi Finals to be between 4-on-4 Pokemon, 5-on-5 or even a full 6-on-6.

All roleplayers must fill out the same form for their trainer. As for your Pokemon there are a few rules as to what you can have. These are those rules:

1. You must have registered a full team of 6 Pokemon.
2. You may not have multiple entries of the same Pokemon. Each of your 6 Pokemon must be different.
3. You may only include 1 Pokemon of any Starter Pokemon's line.
4. You may only use Pokemon from the first four generations of Pokemon. This is because not all the details on Gen V's Pokemon have been revealed worldwide yet. This rule is likely to change by the time we get to Pro Circuit 2.
5. You may NOT use ANY Legendary Pokemon.
6. You are only allowed to have one Pokemon that is classified as a Pseudo-Legendary or is apart of their evolutionary line. (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp)
7. You may NOT use any Pokemon that has been classified as being apart of the Uber Tier for Competitive Battling. http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber
8. You may only use 2 Pokemon that are classified as being apart of the OverUsed Tier for Competitive Battling. http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/ou
9. You may not used the Pokemon known as Rotom or Castform. This is because as far as the games canon goes there are only one of these Pokemon and if there are more they are kept in labs under study.
10. If a Pokemon is using a Held Item no other Pokemon in your team may have that same Held Item.
11. Be serious about the Pokemon you choose and their moves. While you are allowed to use Pokemon that aren't really good such as Magikarp it is highly recommended that you don't. The trainers used in this tournament is meant to be for the best of the best and no trainer worth their salt would have a Magikarp.
12. Don't assemble your team because you've looked at the other teams and want to create one that will work against them type-wise. That's just no fun and for all you know they may be using moves your team is weak against.

As far as your Pokemon go they need to have listed an ability and a gender. You do not have to reveal their moves in your registration however once you use a move in the tournament you are stuck with that move and need to reveal it in your registration post. a Pokemon may only know moves that they could have learned (in any legal fashion) in Gen IV. This means that you may not have a Pikachu that knows how to use Flamethrower. This just wouldn't work. Also, status-inducing moves or other moves that do not actually deal damage are allowed over much like the games they won't deal any damage in this tournament.

We will not accept Anime Logic in these battles. What this means is that if you are using a Pikachu against an Onix you cannot trip the sprinkler system so that it gets Onix wet and then zap it with electricity because water conducts electricity. Onix is still a Ground-type so it is fully immune to electric-type attacks.

Please keep your trainer as an original character. Also please don't make something like Red's twin or Lance's younger brother or something like that.

This is the form for your characters:
Quote:Trainer's Name:
Home Region:
Home Town:
Physical Appearance:
History:
Personality:

This is the form for each of your Pokemon. Please include it with your Trainer's form.

Quote:Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
Type:
Held Item:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:

Remember that you do not have to include a Held Item if you do not want to. Also please do not include a level for you Pokemon, we are assuming that since we are all master trainers we've taken the time to grind our Pokemon to Level 100. You are also not required to give your Pokemon a nickname. If you only want to call your Pokemon by it's species name that is perfectly fine however some people like giving them nicknames so there is that option.

Both Bulbapedia and Smogon are good sites to go to for information on Pokemon, moves and strategies.

Please post any questions below. At the moment there is no finalized deadline for submitting a character however I will say that it will be around a month or so, depending on registration.

Quote:Accepted Characters:
Joey Flowerburn - Flamezone
Jackson Goodrich - Eebit
Zach Haze - Zantok
Also, if we get an odd number of signups or if we're two signups short of a perfect tournament number I will go ahead and put in Gym Leaders to fill those spots. If you go up against a Gym Leader it's effectively a bye for you because unless you are just absolutely horrible at roleplaying the Gym Leader will lose guaranteed. It's just a fun thing to have for the Pro Circuit so that we don't have any awkward brackets or whatever. I hate those.
Remember that while you as roleplayers know what Pokemon your opponent has, along with their abilities and held items, your characters will not until it is revealed in battle.
This is a cool idea Zantok! However, your links to some Pokemon that we can't use are both broken. Also, I'm not really sure whether or not I want to do this, but I'll take it into consideration.
Thanks for pointing that out Brawly! It seems that the closing end of the paragraph was getting itself combined in the hyperlink. I do highly encourage you to join in on the Pro Circuit Brawly. You don't have to have an extensive knowledge on Pokemon (though it does help) so anybody is welcome to join in.
No problem Zantok! Also, a lack of Pokemon knowledge isn't why I don't want to try this, in fact, I'm a Pokemon fan, though not as much as I once was. I might end up joining, but I'm not sure yet.
AMAZING IDEA! I will for sure join this roleplay sometime this weekend! Which also reminds me that I should probably post my Pokemon Roleplay too...heheh... Tongue

Well, I think I'll make a schedule:

Thursday: Join Pokemon Pro Circuit
Friday: Join Trophy Strife
Saturday: Join Crossover
Sunday: Post Pokemon Roleplay
Sounds good Flamezone! I had meant to have my character posted for this roleplay already but when I was typing it before, just as I was about to finalize my last couple Pokemon the computer I was using lost power. Sad day. Maybe I'll remake it tonight! And I can't wait for the Pokemon Roleplay to start up again!
Trainer's Name: Joey Flowerburn
Home Region: Hoenn
Home Town: Petalburg City

Physical Appearance: Joey is about 5.6, has blond hair, blue eyes, and a faceful of freckles. Joey wears a red bunny hug, with a black shirt underneath. He usually wears his bunny hug open. He wears dark blue jeans and black sneakers.

History: Joey grew up in the (fairly small) city of Petalburg. He lived in the house closest to the pond, where Joey loved to fish. He made friends with Wally, and was introduced to Brenden and May, thanks to Brenden's dad, Norman. On the day Joey turned ten, Norman brought him the pokeball that neither Brenden nor May took on their journey (They turned 10 before him), a Torchic. Joey happily took the Torchic, which made his 2nd member of the team. The 1st member was a Corphish that Joey had caught in the pond with the Good Rod he got for his birthday. Joey traveled around Petelburg for awhile, and made 2 new friends; a Poocheyana, and a Ralts! Joey then traveled around Hoenn, and watched as his companions evolved, and made a new one about half-way into his journey, a injured Roselia. With only 5 members in his team, Joey collected all the badges, and defeated the Elite Four of Hoenn. Joey then decided to tackle the gyms in Sinnoh. Joey used his team to attempt to collect all the badges, which he did, and made another friend on the way; a Shinx. His team now fully evolved, Joey challenged the Elite Four, and won. That is where Joey last left off, when he was called to this Pokemon Circuit.

Personality: Joey is a really cheerful guy. He likes to make jokes, goof around and just have a good time. He loves to battle, make friends, fish, and travel. Joey always cares about his Pokemon before himself, and is a good sport, often congratulating people for beating him (Which doesn't happen too often). He also has a major appetite.

Pokemon Species: Blaziken
Nickname: N/A
Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Blaze (Increases Fire Attacks in a pinch)
Held Item: Black Belt (Boosts the power of fighting type moves by 20%)
Move 1: ???
Move 2: ???
Move 3: ???
Move 4: ???

Pokemon Species: Crawdaunt
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Shell Armor (Immune to critical hits)
Held Item: Mystic Water (Increases the power of water type moves by 20%)

Pokemon Species: Mightyena
Type: Dark
Ability: Intimidate (Decreases the opponent's attack at the start of the match)
Held Item: Sitrus Berry (Restores 25% HP)

Pokemon Species: Gallade
Type: Psychic/Fighting
Ability: Steadfast (Increases speed by 1 stage when flinched)
Held Item: Cheri Berry (Cures Paralysis)

Pokemon Species: Roserade
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Natural Cure. (When switched out, it heals any status ailments, like Paralyze, Poison, Burn etc.)
Held Item: Shell Bell (Whenever it is attacked, at the end of the turn, it will restores 1/8 of the damage dealt as HP)

Pokemon Species: Luxray
Type: Electric
Ability: Intimidate (See Mightyena)
Held Item: Lum Berry (Cures any Status Ailment)
-----
I actually had alot of fun writing this! And for your convenience, I have wrote down what all my abilities and held items do. And being the organized person I am, I will write down the moves on my registration sheet as I use them, so you and I don't get confused. I hope this is good Zantok! Smile
A good submission Flamezone, but there is one critical problem. On Mightyena you have the Held Item, Choice Band. This is fine, however the effect you list for Choice Band, Increases the Power of Mightyena's first move by 50%, is not the actual effect of the item. What the Choice Band actually does is raise the Attack of a Pokemon by 50%, but it only allows that Pokemon to use a single move, over and over until that Pokemon is switched out.