Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ToA: The Struggle Signup and Discussion
Mmkay. I'll be posting the intro post to Tales of Alidaire: The Struggle right after posting this thread, but I'll give you a run down of what's going on again just for the case in point. The story is centered around a young girl, Alexandra Valentine, who happens to be the niece of a tyrant king who rules over the Alidairian continent of Dalmaschior. This king needs to be taken down, and there are those out there who are willing to put it all on the line to do so. The girl, Alexandra, and the mercenaries she is lucky to encounter one fateful night will be forced to make a decision--one that could change the future drastically.

Anyway, that's the watered down version. WARNING: THIS IS A STATISTICAL ROLE PLAY, BUT THERE IS GOING TO BE AN INTRO THAT IS INTENSELY TEXT-BASED. IF YOU'RE A LAZY ASS WHO IS NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH THE INTRO, PLEASE DON'T JOIN. I WILL SAY THAT AFTER THE INTRO, THINGS TAKE AN AMAZING TURN AND THE ROLE PLAY WILL PICK UP QUITE QUICKLY. THANK YOU. Okay, enough caps. I think you got to mention. Some things:

-All roleplaying rules apply to this one, along with all of the rules of this forum.
-I will only be accepting [b]FIVE[/b] profiles, so get at it if you want to join.
-Anyone is welcome to join, even if you haven't done a stat role play before; just be sure to ask me questions and I will answer them to the best of my abilities.
-I am GM. When I say something like an MP cost or skill or ability is non-negotiable, I mean it. Respect me and I will respect you, my dearest players, in return.
-HAVE FUN. Or I will spoon your brains out.

For noobs, here's the profile sheet. For sign-ups, post in this thread that you're interested and send me a profile. That profile will be rejected, accepted, or amendable (which means some things might need to be changed, but we'll work on it). If you've never done the sheet before, here it is with descriptions of each field:

[code][b]Name[/b]: Your character's name.
[b]Gender[/b]: Your character's gender.
[b]Age[/b]: How old is your character? For this role play, your characters are mercenaries, so lets try to keep it age appropriate. 6 year old mercenary is awesome, but totally unrealistic.
[b]Level[/b]: All characters start at lv 1.
[b]Next Level[/b]: 0/10
[b]Appearance[/b]:

[b]Profession[/b]: This can be whatever you want. Here are some examples of some jobs: Warrior, Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage, Arcane Mage, Knight, Dragoon, Archer, Pirate, Dancer, Bard, Barbarian, Time Mage, Green Mage, Thief, Blue Mage, Summoner, Gambler, Trickster, Magician, Ninja, Samurai, Psychic Iniate, Equipment Kineticist, Fusilier, Beastmaster, and the list could go on.

[b]Weapon[/b]: This is where your currently equipped weapon will be shown. To start off, choose something simple and basic. For example, an Engineer could be using a Rusty Wrench or an Illusionist could use a Grimy Grimoire.
[b]Armor[/b]: This is where currently equipped armor will be shown. Same thing goes here as it is for starting weapons: simple or in bad shape. For example, a Knight with Cracked Mail or a Cleric with Stained Robes.
[b]Accessory[/b]: This is where a currently equipped accessory will be shown. You get two more slots as you go along: an extra one at lv 20 and a final one at lv 40. For starting accessories, it can pretty much be anything, and it will increase one of your stats by the following amounts: HP+5, MP+5, ATK+1, DEF+1, INT+1, OR SPR+1.

[b]A-Ability[/b]: This is pretty much just your general technique that your profession uses. For example, a Templar might have the A-Ability titled Saintly Sword or a Necromancer might have one called Dead Rising...or something like that. Be creative.

[b]+This is your first special attack and is dependent on your job and A-Ability once again. Just put what the NAME is, what the attack DOES, how much DAMAGE the attack deals, and the RANGE of the attack. Damage: This can be based on ATK or INT depending on your job. If you’re a Mage, then it would be INT. If you’re a Warrior, then ATK would be the best option. After that, you have to determine the percentage of that stat. Keep it between 100% and 120% for now. Example: Here could be the first attack for a Fighter-- Powered Strike: Punches the enemy with slightly increased power. 110% Atk Dmg. Range: Adjacent Cell. 9 MP. (I will determine MP cost based on a formula I have created).

[b]+Same as above. More or less another beginning technique.

[b]R-Ability[/b]: This stands for Reaction Ability. This is an ability that activates in response to a certain action. You can NOT start out with one of these. The only way you can get one is by expending 3 Skill Points which are rewarded at the end of battle. Example: Counter: When attacked, deals 50% of damage taken back at the enemy as long as it is within range. Immortal Body: When character is KOed, revives automatically in 3 turns with 20% HP. Pickpocket: When attacked, steals an item from the attacking enemy.

[b]S-Ability[/b]: This stands for Support Ability which can be activated at the whim of the user unless the user decides to place a limitation on the ability. Support Abilities can only be used ONCE per battle unless the ability is always active (see Intangible). Examples: Spirit Tap: Restores 10% of Max MP for 5 turns after MP reaches an unusable amount. Intangible: Immune to Physical attacks, but Magickal attacks deal double damage. Dragon Power: Raises ATK by 25% for 3 turns.

[b]D-Ability[/b]: This is the Deathblow Ability, the most powerful ability a character possesses. It is capable of piercing through an enemy's DEF or SPR and can also instantly kill an enemy that has a low enough HP value. For this ability, you need a NAME and an ELEMENT (Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Dark, Light, or Neutral). Damage is calculated as thus: 100% Piercing ATK/INT (based on your character's dominant stat) DMG [when range is all enemies], 150% Piercing ATK/INT DMG and 100% Piercing ATK/INT for adjacent units [when range is single target with splash damage], OR 200% Piercing ATK/INT DMG [when range is a single target.] It used to be that D-Abilities could only be used once per battle, but I will be implementing the Death Drive system. Oh, also include a description of this ability as well and clarify the range.

[u][b]Stats:[/b][/u]

[NOTE: ALL BEGINNING STATS ARE FILLED IN BY ME AND ME ALONE. DON'T YOU EVEN DARE. LIKE SERIOUSLY. LEAVE THIS PART BLANK. I WILL ALSO BE DETERMINING WHICH STATS YOUR STARTING [B]WEAPONS[/B] AND [B]ARMOR[/B] WILL BOOST. THE STAT YOUR STARTING [B]ACCESSORY[/B] BOOSTS IS UP TO YOU.]

[b]HP[/b]: Hit Points. How much stamina your character has. When this value reaches 25% of the maximum, a character enters Critical status. When a character's HP reaches 0, the unit is KO'd and cannot take any action whatsoever until Revived. If the whole party is KO'd, the current chapter results in defeat and must be started over.
[b]MP[/b]: Mana Points. How much unused mana your character has. This allows you to execute skills under your A-Abilities. Mana is a source of life and without it, a character cannot function properly. As a result, when MP reaches 0, a character enters Unconscious state which is similar to KO and is reversible by having an ally use a mana restoring item on the Unconscious character.
[b]DD[/b]: Death Drive. Points are added to this when a character deals out damage or kills an enemy. When it is full, a character is free to unleash his/her D-Ability.
[b]Atk[/b]: Attack. Gauges how strong physical attacks from the character are. This stat is rivaled by an enemy's Defense.
[b]Def[/b]: Defense. Determines how much resistance a character has against physical attacks. A character with a lot of Defense will take less damage from an enemy's physical attacks.
[b]Int[/b]: Intelligence. Magical potency, to put it simply. The more Intelligence a character has, the more adept they are at using magic and inflicting magic damage. Rivaled by enemy's Spirit.
[b]Spr[/b]: Spirit. An unknown force that rivals mana. It is an energy that reduces the amount of magical (mana-based) damage, so the more Spirit a character has, the less magic, Intelligence-based damage a character will take.
[b]Evasion[/b]: This is a character's ability to dodge attacks. It will start off small and increase in seemingly insignificant amounts as a character levels. Based on profession, it may increase more slowly or more quickly than other characters. NEVER MODIFY THIS STAT UNLESS I TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN.
[b]Movement[/b]: How many cells a character can move in a given turn. For example, if a character has a Move of 3 cells, that character can move UP TO BUT NO MORE THAN 3 cells on a given turn.

[b]Skill Points[/b]: These are what you use to buy abilities. An A-Ability skill costs 1 SP, an S-Ability costs 2 SP, and an R-Ability costs 3 SP. A character can have 10 skills per A-Ability, up to 3 S-Abilities (one equipped at a time), and up to 3 R-Abilities (one equipped at a time). Beginning Skill Point value is 0. You'll get one SP per level up and 2 Specialized Skill Points upon Job Promotion.[/code]

So that's it. I'm sure most of you that are interested have already had experience making these kinds of profiles, so I'm not worried. I'm a different GM than what you're used to, so don't be surprised by differences in my style against anyone else's. Anyway, if you have ANY questions, fire me a PM. If you have no questions, let's see a post of interest and a character profile (PM ME THE PROFILE; DON'T POST IT IN THE SU/DISCUSSION THREAD.)
I would just like to say that I am definitely going to join. I've heard that on IRC there are already 3 accepted characters. To quote Eebit...

Quote:[17:24] <Eebit> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we need more spaces

So please... make more spaces =3

(btw you should come on irc)
Fine, fine. I'll add one more space. So I'll accept 5 profiles in total. That leaves 2 (1 of which you've claimed) left. I don't really want it to be too big; it gets to be a pain in the ass to update. =x

Also, don't hide your entire profiles in spoilers because for some reason, they're not working for me and I'll need to be able to see your profile, so yeah. Don't hide your entire profiles in spoilers. ._. Please keep appearances in spoilers though. Thank you~
Un-spoilered my Profile. Also Masq, IRC gogogogo! XD
I've still got a few things to take care of before I get on there. lol Inflictionary for one and enemy profiles for the other. XD
[Image: http://tcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/20...u_suck.jpg]

unspoilered
Flimzy, you forgot to edit Bin's level and next level fields in his profile.

After I do the enemy profiles for the next fight, I'll post the next update. This is the beginning of the text-based intro. It's not THAT long, but I will need cooperation. It's just an interaction between your characters and some pretty important NPCs. The main topic will be of a certain event that's going on the next day that you guys are gonna totally trash. You'll see. I just wanted you to know that, and I know I've said this before, things get crazy really quickly after this intro. Soooo yeah. Just bear with me please. ; - ;
Sorry for double post, but important developments:

FOR CHANGING EQUIPS:

1. PM me the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and EFFECTS of the old piece of equipment.
2. Wait for my confirmation and for that piece of equipment to appear in the party inventory.
3. Edit your profile such that your character is equipped with the new piece of equipment.

Afterwards, I will remove that piece of equipment from the party inventory so that it is known that it is inaccessible.

Also, Shadow, you forgot to update your Level and Next Level fields of your profile. Flimzy, you have yet to change yours either. YOU NEED TO DO THIS SO I KNOW YOU UPDATED YOUR PROFILE. THAT'S LIKE THE BIGGEST GIVEAWAY. lol Thank you.
Yeah, sorry, was tired and forgot to update such fields. ^^;
That's all right. I wasn't mad. I just wanted to make sure you got them. It would confuse you, too, at some point. Just trying to keep things confusion-free~~