Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quest (RP Thread)
[align=center][size=large][b][i][u] ~ SU/OOC thread ~[/u][/i][/b][/size][/align]

A cool autumn breeze blew through the quaint northern hamlet of Nortys. The two-level inn at the northernmost reach dominated the town, which was made up of a couple dozen houses circled around the center of the city, with a few shops in the western area. Seeing as the village was built in the middle of a coniferous forest, very few leaves were actually on the ground, which had a pale white aura of frost from the cold night before.

Inside the inn, a middle-aged man who had obviously seen his fair share of battles stood pacing on the stage that when night would eventually fall, scantily-clad dancers would be entertaining the drunk fools trying to catch them. This middle aged man, Ienis, was once the commander of the guard under the previous king, but since the coup by the baron, he had moved out of Capitania and started a secret resistance movement, even if it only had about a dozen members at the moment.

Today, he had hoped that his plans would come into fruition. Recently, he had sent out several messengers that would try to find new recruits for a special plan of his. The center of his plans were the seven Orbs of Dios, heralded in fairytales told around Serendipus. Of course, this plan was kept to himself for the time being, but today, he had hoped, would be the day to reveal that plan to a group of soon-to-be-heroes.

The messengers sent out word that there was to be a meeting for those who opposed the Baron in the very inn in which he was sitting. He stopped pacing for a moment to sit at one end of a moderately-sized table settled in a croner of the first floor to wait for any fellow rebels who decided to come. [i]Soon,[/i] he thought as he rubbed his scruffy black beard, [i]a battle, maybe a war, shall start in this land of Serendipus, and it shall boil down to my actions today...[/i]
Colyn Jeffreys strode through the quiet village that was Nortys. A messenger had informed him that they were to meet inside of the local inn, which the young man now saw was the focal point of the town - a gleaming jewel of an old-style building amongst a myriad of new homes. A light, silky layer of frost dusted the earth that Colyn trod upon, making footprints that would soon be lost amongst an endless sea of many more.

As he grew closer to the inn that was the designated meeting place for a gathering of some sorts, Colyn stopped. He realized that it was very much possible that this was a setup; that there was no meeting, and nobody was in there except a gathering of soldiers under the Baron - his former comrades. But still, he pushed onwards. After all, he had very little left to lose. His glory and dignity had been stripped away, and he was left a shadow of his former self…

But that was the past. Reminiscing on his darker days would get him nowhere. He pushed onwards. The dark of the night had recently fallen, and the glow of the inn was warm and inviting to the former soldier of the Baron. He pushed open the door, and a bell rang out to signify the arrival of a new face to add to the drunken stupor of the patrons. The women who were putting on a show for these drunkards gave him a passing glance and a smile, trying to wring in his attention… But Colyn had other duties to attend to.

He spotted a man who was slightly out of place in the room at a concealed corner. No one sat near him, and his moderate-sized table was completely empty. He had a drink in front of him, and showed the right signs of being clear headed. He bore the crest of the former King - a bold thing to do in these dark times. Colyn knew that this must be the man he was looking for, and strode up, pulled up a chair beside him. With a static expression, the younger man asked, “Would you happen to be Ienis?”
It was cold again this dark night, as the green robbed figure hurried along the frost bitten path through the forest. Somehow, a man had summoned him. It wasn’t that he was surprised that someone would want to talk with him, the surprise was that the man was able to find the strange drifter.

Hardly a soul walked along the open roads this night. He would agree with them, it was damn cold. He would rather be nice and warm near a bright well kept fire… of course he wouldn’t get to close to the open flame.
Fire didn’t sit too well with his little toys.

Aryarn stretched his arms above his head, yawning. Of course the facial action couldn’t be seen through the wrappings that covered him, but the bored look in his eye betrayed his walking enthusiasm. He was almost at the town, at the inn, the sweet warmth of indoors.

At least he wasn’t going to be bored anymore.

[[Ooc: I didn't know we started xD]