Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...And so we fare thee adieu~
It's been five years in the making, but it is finally time for us to bid our fair, fair adieu's with one another- at least as far as ZEJ goes. As one might've taken note of, the story of the Mercurious nomads is a long and grueling tale... One that may even deserve its own story, but we'll get to that after the majority of the delicious and delightful cheese that must be spread across this forum, thus showing Zantok, Eebit, and I's sincerest gratitude and appreciation (for you people keeping up with our -insert obscurity here- for almost five years).

You people are absolutely amazing, and we're not going to go out naming names or anything because you know who you are (read: all of you), but just to let you know, we appreciate all that you've done for us and I personally hope that we can all stay in contact one way or another. At the end of this whole farewell-starting-post affair, I'll drop some links for you all so that we may still stay in contact. Come with the extra bit of news that I have, you may actually encourage yourself to do such a thing~

Basically, what happened, is that I'm a busy, busy man and Zantok too is a busy, busy man. This leaves Eebit, a global moderator, basically in the head position of the site without having the head job of lead administrator or otherwise. Nonetheless, activity dwindles to and fro, between life and death, and so on, and now it is time to put it out of its misery. What will eventually turn into a very busy year for me, complete with college sign-ups, paired with the already midgetized activity of this site due to the admin inactivity over the past few months has lead us to decide to turn off the lights.

[i]However, just because we're switching some switches doesn't mean we're pulling some plugs.[/i] Over the next few days, you will see a major change in the powers that control ZEJ- and you yourselves will usher them in: [u]one administrator[/u], [u]one global moderator[/u], and [u]one moderator[/u] that you think will help save ZEJ from utter extinction. Eebit, Zantok, and I will all return fully one day; 'tis a circle and a mean cycle after all... But in the mean time? We need some people to pull some strings for us and lighten the load. We'll still remain the namesakes and first admins and global moderator of these boards, but the new generation will be ushered in as well, so that we may be helped. Once again, we're turning off the lights but we aren't pulling the plugs; just switch those blasted things back on as soon as we exit.

Now then, on to some exciting news! We're making a book that details the Mercurious days, starting in 2006, all the way up to this faithful and friendly exit. No matter how (freakishly effing) absurd this sounds... I'll be commandeering the overall layout and feel of this project. We'll have some comments from people who were actually there, a bit of a history lesson beforehand, and some cool short story/stories to further detail each arc. If you'd like to contact me about it, here's some linkies so that we may stay in touch:

ZEJ Facebook group

[b]How to contact -J-[/b]
Facebook
Twitter
AIM/MSN/Windows Live/Yahoo!/Email: jonfrahm94@yahoo.com

Eebit and Zantok may upload their own contact info at their own discretion. We fair thee adieu! See ya, forums. Sooner or later, we'll see ya.

"Furthermore" chat-log, describing some input on how ZEJ died
[size=xx-small][s]i think its "fare thee adieu" actually, not fair. /grammarnazi[/s][/size]

Snide, sarcastic comments aside, I guess more than a few of you guys have seen this coming. I really regret having to even post this, because I thought we would have lasted longer this time. You guys have been supportive, even when things were slow. You stood by us, and that’s really what I am glad for - a community that was faithful through all of the rough patches we collectively went through.

[b]I do plan to stick around ZEJ[/b], and continue the RolePlays that I have joined and started, if anyone actually still cares enough/has enough time to post in them, though [b]I will be stepping down from power[/b] as well. Jonno and Zantok have both decided to stand down from their positions of power, and I certainly do not plan to take their place, nor could I ever hope to. I want to leave you guys this legacy to choose who you want in power - you deserve a shot of good leadership with people who are deeply interested in running the place.

I’d like to give some special thought as to who should be taking up higher positions of power in the absence of two of our figureheads. I personally think that [b]Flamezone[/b] has put in a great effort lately, trying to bring life back into us by often joining the ZEJ chat, despite the lack of anyone actually [i]checking it[/i], and showing interest in signing up for RPs as often as he can. [b]Glowbo[/b], as well, has shown us his tremendous loyalty in attempting to stay active through his recent troubles at home. [b]The Brawlinator[/b] has also shown us tremendous loyalty, despite being our ‘whipping boy’ for the largest part of this whole thing. He could have left after that first time we banned him at Mercurious, but he chose to stay with us. And that truly shows his loyalty. Those three would be my recommendations for future leadership, excepting [b]Knightmare[/b] (should he choose to retain his position as moderator) and [b]Tearhex[/b], who could very well be another person I would choose as part of the staff in the future.

(tl;dr? My recommendations for administration would be Flamezone and Glowbo, with Knightee and Brawly stepping up to GMod. Tearhex could also be a candidate for future staff positions.)

Obviously, [b]anyone really could have fit the bill[/b]. You guys are all awesome people, and I do not want you to think that just because your name isn't mentioned here that I don't like you. I could type for a million years and never be able to truly get my full thoughts across about all of you. I really appreciate that all of you care about us enough to stay around... And I truly hope I can keep in touch with all of you guys.

As for where you can reach me? Well, my there’s always the classic Eebit Tibee Facebook account, as well as the ZEJ group on Facebook. I check that a few times a week, so feel free to drop me a line in either place. My email is [email=eight_bit_hero@yahoo.ca]eight_bit_hero@yahoo.ca[/email], which also serves as my MSN/Windows Live Messenger account.

And, of course, other forums that I will be frequenting include the [b]Cult of Ustream[/b], and [b]RPG Zone[/b]. They can both be found in our affiliates section, so do keep them both in special mind. They have given us some active posters, so I really feel bad that we never truly returned the favour. They are both great communities that have a lot of promise, and great people once you get to know them.

So, in conclusion, [b]this isn’t really a goodbye at all[/b], unless you make it to be. It is a new era for this old, faithful group of friends, and a new chance to redeem ourselves. Under a new, democratically-chosen leadership, I feel that this place may finally shine… Of course, depending on the commitment given.

Allow me to just finish off in saying that as we usher in this new era of ZEJ, I hope you guys look fondly upon this first leadership, and Don’t Look Back in Anger.

[u]~Eebit, former Global Moderator of ZEJ. 2010 - 2011.[/u]
It's fixed, you crazy bugga! Anyway, yeah, with administration, while Zantok and I kinda won't leave our positions "officially", we are stepping down for the most part. It's gonna be a long and arduous time before we return fully, so in our stead comes this new staff. Sad to see Eebit leaving as a G Mod as well, but that's his decision and I respect it.
Oh man, where to start. It has been great knowing you all, and it is a real shame for such an amazing group to lose (if you want to think of it like that) three of our greatest members. I imagine I will stay around and atleast try to bring some activity...but I'm unsure how that will go.

Man, 5 years huh? Well, I wasn't around THAT long, only about two. I am grateful that I will still be in contact with Eebit, Jonno, and Zantok. My own facebook page is here, if anybody wants to still keep in contact. I really hope that we all don't get too spread apart. We all contribute to this small internet family. You are all amazing people. I don't even know what else to say, because Eebit and Jonno said it all.

Oh well, it's not the end quite yet. I'm sure we'll all still stay in contact with eachother, it's just that ZEJ is going to be a bit more lonely now. Sad
D: D: D: D: D: D:

FUCKING GOD DAMN IT.

Well, there goes my RP. *shot*

I'll be hoping to see you again, Jonno. You were always epic.
Oh, don't worry guys. ZEJ isn't dying - it is just a change in the lineup, as we have said. You guys get to choose your own staff now, and I'll still be here to support all the tasty RPing goodness that I can do~
I'm going to say this now.

inb4brawly4admin

*SHOT*
Well, fuck. I know that you guys aren't leaving forever, but still... It just feels bad. But, tis' for the best, I suppose.

But I suppose if we're going to temporarily lose a few of our major contributors, I'll have up my game and get more involved and less lazy! Aah, it's useless, all useless! While you guys are away, I'll help keep this place alive and continue to visit each day to check up on things and post posts.

In a nutshell; I'm staying here come hell or high water, and I'll continue to contribute what I can. â•®(^â–½^)â•­
Some people try to avoid change, others try to change, and the rest don't give a *!$% because we are going to die in 82 years (give or take). I think I am part of the third group just less dramatic. The change will be weird that is the only thing that I know.
I just got here. I didn't realize how long this place has been around. Cya boss guys. ^^

*goes back to being invisible*