Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fate of the Multiverse: Centauri
You step foot onto the launch site. More specifically, the front lobby. You look around the room, noting the high-tech level of the base. This is what a large portion of tax dollars have gone to. This is it. The moment you've been waiting for since you first heard about this program. You step up to the front desk, and notice that some other people have also walked to it. You guess that they're the other members of your soon to be crew. The man at the desk is reading deeply into his magazine, not even noticing that you're there. After a few seconds, he finally looks up. "Hello there! My name is George! How may I help you?" He says.
Christian Thomson was the first to wait at the desk; the other members of what was to be the crew of the SETI-42 formed a well-ordered line behind him. None of them much wanted anything to do with each other just yet, but Christian supposed it was too early on in their lives together to judge that. While he didn't particularly want to be the frontrunner of the line, he had stepped up first, and was now patiently waiting for the man at the desk to respond.

Christian took this moment to glance behind him. In the line, he noted his crewmates, giving them each a glowing smile. Those in the line seemed to be anxious to get on with the voyage that would soon be theirs. Christian looked at these people; they seemed to be quite friendly - certainly a homely bunch. There was a short girl with bright blue hair that reached down to her knees, a small black blob that resembled what was traditionally regarded as a ghost, an elegant girl of an average stature, and a towering young man who seemed to be about Christian's own age, despite their difference in height.

Suddenly, the man at the desk became aware of his presence, cleared his throat in order to capture the attention of Christian, and smiled, saying [i]"Hello there! My name is George! How may I help you?"[/i] Christian returned his smile, and politely returned, "Hello there... We're all here as the crew manning the SETI-42. As I understand, you're the one we are to talk to about such matters...?"
"Ah, you are the ones who will be voyaging on the SETI-42?" George asks, looking at all of you with curiosity. "I didn't think that the crew would be so young, but I suppose that the younger the crew is, the longer they'll be able to travel. Please, go through the door on your right, and you will be put through some training. Since you have all already completed most of your training, there are only a few more tests for you. Good luck!" George presses a button on his desk, which opens the door on the right.

[[OOC: Something I probably should have mentioned earlier. Although I'm using a different text style, you guys have to use a book format. I'm using something similar to a script format because I'm trying to make it seem more like you are your character, if that makes any sense.]]