Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something you should probably care more about
As I wrote up what was essentially a congratulations post to the lot of you guys and gals, particularly those who have been with us since the SSB Mercurious days, and posted it, I thought to myself, [i]"How can this site be changed for the better?"[/i] This brings me to a point.... Well first off, if you didn't catch the tone of this post by now, you'd probably be well-off to realize that this is a rant on not just the site itself, because I alone can fix any "tech problems" this site may have (and it doesn't have any right now), but in all of us as a community as a whole.

People, let me get this through your heads, we are a [b]family[/b], and a relatively close-knit one at that. I've noticed that, throughout our history, we haven't seen a whole lot of friendly intercou--activity between our members. While we've had a select amount of RPG's getting a whole ton of attention, in particular the Pokemon RP and the Ultimate Tournament 2, most of our other unique and interesting ideas are being left generally unnoticed. This ranges from Tearhex's darkly The List, to Glowbo's Katamary Damacy, to Kazuka's The Quest, and even Fuzzydude's Kirby RPG. Each of them should contain some sort of theme that everyone may like, correct? Fuzzydude's and Glowbo's can bring some funny, Tearhex's and Kazuka's can bring some epic... What's there not to like? I don't find anything wrong with them, so why not spend some free time in signing up on them to make their creators feel good and spend like two minutes a day writing some posts in them?

Admittedly, while some RP's aren't "for me", there's a wide variety that are, and I can appreciate the ones that aren't for me and push for them to be seen and tacked upon by others who can love 'em a little more. I've recently joined up with both The List and The Quest, and right now, a few of the other RP's are looking pretty tasty as well. [size=xx-small](shameless plug)[/size] Once again, we're a family, and we should be acting more like it instead of being reserved in our own one or two fantasy worlds. Preferences are fine, everyone has them, but go ahead and try something new out for once. I dare you to.

Expanding upon the subject of being a family, we should also be paying more attention to people's posts [i]outside[/i] of roleplaying. We should be looking into Miscellaneous Conjectures and posting interesting things from the news, gaming, books, sports, our own lives... Whatever floats your boat; that board was [u]made[/u] for stuff like that.

Another thing to point out? We have affiliates, and their members are amongst us. TheFallenOne, Kudamon, Kazuka, Shadow, crazE, and others you may know are from magical worlds, two of which are known as The Cult of Ustream and RPG Zone. Have you ever heard of them? Well, you should have, and you should be willing to go and give them a good whirl or two if things ever get as slow as they did here in the past just as their members have with us, being as courteous as they possibly could be. We can learn from these people if we just open our eyes as a few of us already have! Be daring! Be brave! Be willing to do what you have to do for your family.

Joining ZEJ, or any forum, is a casual commitment, though a commitment nonetheless, and in all actuality what I'm asking you to do in this topic is very simple and won't hurt anyone involved. So take the time to smell the ZEJ-aisies for once! Feel free to see what your fellow forumites are doing instead of being stuck in your little bubble! See what solid efforts (and yes, that last, extra long link is to Shadow Mistakes, a so-far amazing story written by Tearhex) were turned down without so much as a thought and turn them around for the better with some activity! Furthermore, do what you can to keep current active RP's active! This is a site for everyone's enjoyment, not just your own, so make sure to pass yourself off as someone who appreciates that and show appreciation for other's hard work.

As it stands, this forum both impresses and disappoints (though mostly impresses) me in certain aspects. That makes a [i]purrreeeettty[/i] interesting process of thoughts incur as you have seen above, and yet, you know what I've said here is true; so let's improve on this together.
[s]I FEEL SO ASHAMED![/s]

I actually was planning on joining a couple of roleplays...hell I might as well join them all. I've just been lazy as hell. But don't worry, I'll be sure to join as much Roleplays as I can! Smile
Now I'm not trying to play any favorites here Flamezone, but you are one of a couple of members that I think have actually been generally heeding the big tl;dr post I wrote above :P

Keep up el good work~~
Really? Hm, I didn't think I joined a whole lotta roleplays.

Oh well, I'm about to join more anyways! Hehe.
Well, compared to some of us, and I'll admit that was also myself for quite some time, you've joined up in a lot and have managed to, well, manage each of them. ;D

Good luck on your new RP adventures, desu.
Well, I try to only be a part of a few roleplays at a time, so that I don't get overwhelmed, and need to quit a few roleplays, but I guess I could check out another roleplay or two, if it means us getting more activity.
It's not a huge deal to have everyone jump on board with this "plan" at the time being, though I really did want to get it out there that people should be a little more versatile with these RP's and with posting in general than they are. That was all, no harm, no need to jump out there and do too many RP's since you're already doing a few (good job at that, by the way), but thanks Brawly.
hey uhh jonno

go psot in my rp

Seriously, why sign up if you aren't going to post?
(02-09-201102:50 PM)Darkmaster Wrote: hey uhh jonno

go psot in my rp

Seriously, why sign up if you aren't going to post?
Dark, to be entirely honest, I don't really know how I can involve my character at all. Things got confusing a little quickly so just count mine out for now. I'll read over it then post after I get the general idea of our story thus far~~
I apologize if I'm not on very much. To be honest, I do feel very bad about it. But I am a very busy person between learning to write music, sprite, code, and design a fighting game, learning to sing better, and attempting to get more fit and healthy all on top of piles of schoolwork and social stress that I could frankly do without.

So I want to say that I am incredibly sorry that I'm not on much, and I do understand that we are like a family here. Truly, I can consider all of you guys my only friends. So I'll try my hardest to post more actively from now on. I've already placed the ZEJ forums higher on my list of bookmarks so that I don't forget to stay active.

Thanks for writing that, J. A little reminder is perhaps all I needed~