Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katamari Damacy Roleplay - Sign Ups/Info/OOC
[align=center][b][size=xx-large][color=#FF0000]塊[/color][color=#FFA500]の[/color][color=#FFD700]ロ[/color][color=#32CD32]ー[/color][color=#00BFFF]ル[/color][color=#9370DB]プ[/color][color=#9400D3]レ[/color][color=#800000]イ[/color][color=#FF0000]魂[/color][/size][/b]

[Image: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...8f95cf.jpg]

[size=x-large]Katamari no Rorupurei Damashī[/size][/align]

[i][u][align=center]~KATAMARI DAMACY ROLEPLAY~[/align][/u][/i]

[align=center][size=large][u][b]Background [/b][/u][/size]
The Great Cosmos. An infinitely vast and eternal plane of existance. Here dwells stars, planets, nebulae, galazies, meteors, and so much more to be discovered. The one who rules over all this greatness is none other than the King of All Cosmos, the supreme ruler and protecter of the Cosmos. His son, the Prince of All Cosmos, once went on a series of epic adventures to repair the night sky after His Majesty accidentally destroyed it on more than one occasion. Prince had travelled to Earth to roll these amazing magical sticky balls known simply as [b]Katamari[/b]. And thusly, the tale of KATAMARI DAMACY was known.

But now... 2 years after their last great adventure, the Prince, King, and cousins became horrendously bored. They hoped and prayed for something to happen that would make things exciting again, though you know what they say about "Be careful what you wish for," right? Fortunately for their boredom - but unfortunately for the Cosmos - things will be set in motion... And the safety of the entire Universe weill be thrown into jeopardy, and only the Prince and his Cousins can save the day should that happen...

[size=large][u][b]Setting[/b][/u][/size]
The roleplay takes place across the whole of the Great Cosmos, with notable locations ranging from Earth, to Planet Prince, to the Mushroom Planet, to the Princedom, the Katarena (Battle Dome), and many, many more.

[size=large][u][b]Objective[/b][/u][/size]
Katamari Damacy RP is a mixture of a Free-Roaming style RP like My Life In Pokeville and a Story-driven RP like most typical RPs. It also features some Versus Battle aspects a la The Ultimate Tournament Sandbox mode. Players mostly just have to follow the set storyline that I (the game master) will concoct, and we'll see it through to the end.

[size=large][u][b]Gameplay[/b][/u][/size]
Players take control of up to three normal cousins (there are 58 in total, see below for a list), or up to three custom-made cousins. There may be a combination of old cousins and new player-made cousins, on a ratio of 2:1 or 1:2, should any roleplayer wish to do this. All roleplayers are expected to follow along with the storyline that I set, though it's possible to do what they please along the way (within reason). Let's have an example: If I make a post where the King asks anyone or one particular player to create a Katamari or do a job, then he/she is advised to do so (which is usually done on Earth). If they don't want to, then that's fine. If they were ordered directly by the King to do so, then refusing to do it will result in a "punishment" (and the associated shame and hilarity).

During "down-times", where the story is in a lull, the roleplayers are free to go anywhere and do anything. Participating in the Katarena is an option, as well as just messing around and work on any personal stories the cousin may have.

During "plot-strings", player participation should be focused on the story at hand, similar to episode progression in Crossover.

In any of the above circumstances, the qualities and flaws of the cousins you roleplay will come into effect, either helping or hindering your progress (or someone else's).

[size=large][b][u]NPC Characters[/u][/b][/size]

[i]The King of All Cosmos[/i]
He's basically the "master", and orders everyone around a lot. He gives out duties and assignments that the others must follow, at the risk of being lazered. He may seem stupid or fruitsy or flamboyent sometimes, but he can be... umm... what's the word...?

[i]The Prince & Princess[/i]
These two are main characters, yes, but their roles in the roleplay are diminished to make way for the other cousins to shine. These two will have their moments though.

[i]The Queen[/i]
More of a "background character" than anything else, the Queen basically sits in the Castle, knitting or baking or whatever it is mothers/queens do.

[i]*PS* The Royal Family, as in the characters above, will all be controlled by me.[/i]

[b][u]Other Cousins[/u][/b]
Any cousins that have not been chosen by roleplayers are considered 'leftovers', and act as NPC's that anyone can control for any purpose. Below is a list of all cousins; First, second, or once-removed.

[u]First Cousins[/u]
Foomin
Fujio
Kuro
Marcy
Jungle
Nik
Peso
Odeko
Shikao
Honey
Marny
Velvet
Nickel
Ace
Opeo
Colombo
Ichigo
Lalala
Havana
Johnson
June
Miso
Dipp
Ryu
Kunihiro
Kyun
Mag
Pu
Sherman
Harvest

[u]Second Cousins[/u]
Twinkle
Nutsuo
Kinoko
L'amour
Lucha
Odeon
Shy
Huey
Drooby
Beyond
Macho
Daisy
Miki
Can-Can
Slip
Signolo

[u]Cousins Once-Removed (Half-Cousins)[/u]
Hans
Norn
Nai-Nai
Kenta
Mu
Ban-Ban
Paula
Pokkle

[b]NOTICE: Information on all cousins can be found HERE. It would be a good idea to study up on their appearance and personalities, since all that knowledge would help.[/b]

[size=large][u][b]Character Submission Sheet[/b][/u][/size]

[/align]
[code]
[[Normal Cousin]]
[b]Type:[/b] (Either first, second, or once-removed. See above list for details.)
[b]Name:[/b] (The name of the cousin. See list for names.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Either use the alleged one they possess or make up your own.)
[b]Qualities:[/b] (Good points that make them shine.)
[b]Flaws:[/b] (Low points that reduce their usefulness.)
[b]Submitter:[/b]

[[Player-made Cousin]]
[b]Type:[/b] Original
[b]Name:[/b] (It helps for the name to be related to their appearance, but this isn't needed.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Well? Easy much?)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Be as descriptive as you can)
[b]Personality:[/b] (How they act, behave, etc.)
[b]Qualities:[/b] (Good points that make them shine.)
[b]Flaws:[/b] (Low points that reduce their usefulness.)
[b]Submitter:[/b]

PS: Since Normal cousins already exist, they are much easier to do. Original, player-made ones take a bit of creatvity!

[/code]

If you have any questions, then please just ask. I'll explain any more concepts that come forward as the roleplay progresses. My own cousin submissions are below, to give fair examples of how your entries should be written.

[b]Type:[/b] Second Cousin
[b]Name:[/b] Beyond
[b]Personality:[/b] Rather calm and friendly, and loves eating healthy vegetables. He dislikes being violent, so he would rather talk his way through things. Beyond has a weird sense of humor, and shows great interest in the mystical and beyond-belief arts, hence his name "Beyond." Friends with Dipp, though they don't quite see eye-to-eye.
[b]Qualities:[/b]
+ Healthy eater, so he never gets sick or tired.
+ Smart, and knowledgeable in the paranormal arts.
[b]Flaws:[/b]
- Will never eat meats and fatty junk, which can be a drag at parties.
- Is worse at katamari battles, as his non-violent behavior prevents him from attacking on purpose.
[b]Submitter:[/b] Glowbo

[b]Type:[/b] First Cousin
[b]Name:[/b] Dipp
[b]Personality:[/b] A very competitive and passionate disco dancer, Dipp is not the friendliest cousin of all, but nevertheless is very popular. He is manipulative, often tricking some of the stupider cousins (like Foomin) on a regular basis. He is friends with Beat and Beyond, though the latter cousin's friendship is dysfunctional to say the least.
+ Simply amazing dancer. 'Nuff said.
+ Skilled at rolling katamari's, and even better when listening to music.
- Trickster and joker by trade, which causes him to have few real friends.
- Will not hesitate to pass up a challenge, even if the goal is impossible.

[b]Type:[/b] Original
[b]Name:[/b] Beat
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] Beat has the normal torso shape of most cousins, but his head is shaped a bit like Signolo's. He has two boom-box speakers (one on each side of his head) that are his most notable feature. Beat's body is also colored multiple shades of gray with a striped pattern.
[b]Personality:[/b] Beat is a happy-go-lucky cousin who loves to sing and dance. His most distinct feature is the speakers on his head that play a huge variety of songs. When fueled by the power of rhythm, he has impenetrable will and empowers those around him. However, if not powered, then he becomes bitter and paranoid.
+ Speakers on head do well to increase morale (for himself and others), as well as give a good excuse for dancing anywhere.
+ Supreme ability at singing and dancing, matched only by Dipp.
- Speakers don't really do anything practical.
- Physically weak, can't roll as well as most other cousins.

(Beat was somewhat inspired by the game Beat City for DS, where the main character actually has a speaker embedded in his head in order to save the town from the Cacophony. I more or less stole that idea with Beat. Tongue)
Oh man, all those personalities...I can't wait to join! Big Grin
Excellent work Glowbo!
Expect my characters some time soon!
Why thank you good sir. Smile I look forward to your entry! (Hmm, maybe I can convince Tearhex to join too if all works out. Tongue)

Anyhoo, I'll been thinking through how the story progression and Katarena (Katamari Arena, the battle mode) will work out. It'll start off with a brief story intro segment that should last roughly a page or two of players posting (10 or 20 posts), and after that the roleplay will enter a "down-time" where free-roaming can be done. Participating in Katarena Battles with other cousins (whom are either NPCs or controlled by other roleplayers) is an option at that point, as is simply talking with other cousins or "Free-Roll" (the roleplay's version of Eternal Mode, where you can roll around Earth stirring up hilarity and trouble with a large sticky ball until you've had enough). The King may also make special requests for katamaris, which would fall under the "Normal-Mode" part of rolling. Completing these may net you rewards, like Royal Presents, and the pride of knowing you created another star. After a little while of that, the story will continue with the next story section, and after another few pages of posts then free-roaming will be available again. This cycle continues until the story has reached its conclusion.

Depending on how complex things can be this roleplay may require multiple topics (one for the main story, one for each of the various major locations and a Katarena battle section, since each battle would have its own topic. Though... I'll have to see how much attention this whole thing receives. I hope to start when at least two or three more people join (myself and Flamezone already included), though more or less can be settled for if need be... :/
Lol. okay - okay.
Im in xD
Silly Globow~

:3
if we have a Katamari Rp, We need a Tf2 Rp up here. - it's one of my many obsessions.
And it is win.
[b]Name:[/b] Ichigo
[b]Personality:[/b] Ichigo is a very jealous person, and wants to be the center of attention. She also really likes strawberries! She considers Honey to be her rival. She also creeps out some people.
[b]Qualities:[/b] She really likes strawberries.
[b]Flaws:[/b] She has a very jealous and self-centered personality.
[b]Submitter:[/b] Flamezone
-----
[b]Name:[/b] Shikao
[b]Personality:[/b] Shikao loves watching television. That's the only one thing he likes to do. The only movies he dislikes are the scary ones.
[b]Qualities:[/b] ...has alot of knowledge about television?
[b]Flaws:[/b] Lack of exercise.
-----
[b]Name:[/b] Kuro
[b]Personality:[/b] Kuro is a heroic cousin. Although he is heroic, and dislikes forming bonds with others, and prefers to do things alone.
[b]Qualities:[/b] Heroic.
[b]Flaws:[/b] Lone Wolf.
-----
I decided to just do already made cousins because I love to play as a variety of characters and personalities, not always making them myself. And sorry for not doing this sooner Glowbo. Sad

And to make you feel better, here's a picture of a real Glowbo:

[Image: http://banjokazooie.neoseeker.com/w/i/ba...Glowbo.jpg]
(Daw, it's so cute. <3 Smile Uh, where is that little guy from, out of curiosity?)

Great then! ACCEPTED! And seeing that Ichigo and Kuro are pretty popular cousins, I'd be interested to see how they will be handled by you. Wink (Shikao seems like a barrel o' laughs too. XD) And don't fret too much about forgetting to join, since there'll always be peeples like me to remind you. Tongue

Wunderbar, now if only Tearhex would make good on [i]her[/i] promise to join. Oye vey...
This Glowbo is from Banjo-Tooie. Tongue

You need one to be able to use Wumba's Wigwam, and be able to control Mumbo.