Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quest (SU)
Full title...
[align=center][size=x-large]THE QUEST OF A BUNCH OF HEROES TO DEFEAT AN EVIL TYRANT WITH THE SEVEN ORBS OF DIOS[/size][/align]

PLOT:

The land of Serendipus has fallen under the rule of a powerful tyrant, Baron Norez, whose high taxes have led towns into poverty and starvation. Any revolts made against him have been quickly deposed, and anyone involved exiled or executed for their treason. However, there is one hope of stopping him. Whispered about in the streets of the many towns, villages, and cities are the Seven Orbs of Dios, which are said to grant the holders immortality when brought together.

This is where you come in, fine heroes. Can you brave fields of monsters, arduous tasks from random villagers, demons ruing broken towers, and many other dangerous things to bring the Orbs of Dios together, and restore peace to the land of Serendipus?

You and many other have answered to a call in the small northern town of Nortys. From there, your journey shall begin. Be ready to defend yourself from wild monsters, go through dungeons of unforeseen length, and defeat the tyrant Baron Norez.

SETTING:
The land of Serendipus is a mostly temperate pair of islands with no unwelcomely cold areas. The Ejinia desert in the south, however, is very hot, and unbearable when not near the River Nilt. The eastern island of Deamo is uninhabited, but many swear to see black figures rise from it during the day, and strange lights from return at night.

The northern town of Myaangulpash is inhabited by a race of previously nomadic peoples, and the central forest town of Bosquelis is very calm.

The capital, Capitania, is a large city, though not the largest, and is home to a labyrinth of catacombs. The port, Porth Lagun, is the largest city in Serendipus, and a major trading post to other lands.

The eastern cities of Luxorum, the second-largest city, and Alexitus, are home to amazing riches, and are only barely in the reach of the Baron.

There is a strange old lighthouse to the northwest, it hasn't run in years...

There is a legend of an ancient city named Sitnalta now drowned in the northern ocean...

The ruins of the forest watchtower haven't been visited in years, and there seems to be some strange presence there...

The Gazantium pyramids are huge, and nobody has found a way in. Though there is a legend about a certain staff in Luxorum...

SIGN-UP
[code]
[b]Name:[/b] (No duh)

[b]Gender:[/b] (PLEASE male or female ONLY >_>)

[b]Age[/b]: (I don't honestly care here. Just make it fit the character)

[b]Class:[/b] (Just in case I ever make this on RM2K3, I would like to be inspired by everyone's characters)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Detailed description OR a picture with a few details written out. No lists.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (How does your character act? No lists.)

[b]Hometown:[/b] (What city/town/village are they from?)

[b]History:[/b] (What's your character's past?)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (Tell what kinds of weapons or otherwise important things your character has on them.)

[b]Powers/abilities/spells:[/b]
[/code]

EXAMPLE AND OWN CHARACTER:
Quote:[b]Name:[/b] Qiris

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Age[/b]: 16

[b]Class:[/b] Puppeteer

[b]Appearance:[/b] Qiris is rather short for her age, at only 4'9", and very thinly set. She has natural white hair that goes down to the middle of her back and pale skin. She usually wears a red dress with white frills and her blouse is quite similar.

[b]Personality:[/b] Qiris is very quiet and timid, usually keeping her opinions to herself and acting upon them than telling others about them. If she disagrees with a certain decision she knows could be dangerous, however, she will make herself known.

[b]Hometown:[/b] Capitania

[b]History:[/b] Qiris originally came from a well-off family from Capitania that did not suffer from the Baron's taxes due to their grandiosity. Qiris was not a fan of being doted on, however, and ran away from home with a few changes of clothes and her rather realistic and magical dolls stuffed in a magic sack that could hold as many as she had. She then lived the life of a traveling entertainer, making her dolls do things that most people wouldn't dream of.

[b]Equipment:[/b] Her bag of many magical dolls.

It's fairly surprising that no one's posted here yet. They seem to all be fairly into other styles of RP's, but this is one that I'd be happy joining. If I have enough time after finals (which I will), I'll definitely post a sign-up form here. Thanks for delivering such a good idea to our forums! Pretty unique for ZEJ, too. I appreciate that.
Sounds like fun - i'll join once I finish my work >.>

bloody work.
Glad you decided to bring this over, Nate! I look forward to playing this again, and hopefully this gains the attention it rightfully should here at ZEJ!

[b]Name:[/b] Colyn Jeffreys
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Age:[/b] 24
[b]Class:[/b] Paladin

[b]Appearance:[/b] Colyn keeps his hair at a medium length which touches slightly past the bottom of his ears. His eyes are a calculating green. His build is a lighter one, though he is a medium height. He garbs himself in lighter armour, preferring to trade defense for speed in most cases. His process of thought is that if he is unable to be hit, then there is really no point in heavy armour. The colour of the clothing he wears over his armour is a clean, saintly white colour - matching his profession - with a red trim around the edges.

[b]Personality:[/b] Colyn has an undeniably strong sense of justice, and takes it upon himself to seek nothing but the truth and pure justice for those he sees have been wronged. Not only did this lead to him being cast out of the forces of Baron Norez, but tarnished his reputation permanently amongst higher-class nobles (see [i]History[/i]). Aside from being self-motivated and just, he is a stoic, calm, and gentlemanly figure.

[b]History:[/b] Colyn Jeffreys is a young man with, as stated above, a strong sense of justice. When Baron Norez took power over the land, Colyn was drafted into the army quite swiftly; his abilities as a paladin proved his worth to the Baron immediately. He climbed the ranks for a couple years, quickly gaining quite a reputation. Colyn began to sense something awry soon after innocents were being killed for merely speaking out against the Baron’s rule. This lead to him resigning from the Baron’s forces, and being outcast. His reputation was permanently tarnished amongst the higher class nobles, but Colyn knew exactly where his morals were. From then on, Colyn has been travelling as a mercenary for hire, but when he heard word of the Seven Orbs of Dios, he headed with haste to the town of Nortys in order to stay the Baron’s iron fist, and hopefully remove him from control of the land.

[b]Equipment:[/b] Colyn prefers to garb himself in lighter armour, and wields a spear as a choice of weaponry.

[b]Powers/Abilities/Spells:[/b]
Accepted! And I love the non-usual paladin(As most are insanely high defense with low speed).
[b]Name:[/b] Aryarn
[b]Gender:[/b]Male
[b]Age[/b]: 20 (by his estimation)
[b]Class:[/b] Pyrotechnic/Demolition tech.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Tall, 6'2, he wears a long forest green robe - that is most of the time darkened by ash and dust. the edges of his clothing are shinged by the rash explsions and.. fire.
due to the love of bombs and fire, he is covered in burns and scars, so he in turn is covered with bandages head to toe, exept for his right eye, Aryarn wears a gold Necklace and bracelet, each studded with red gems. (I have a Picture of him in the creation station - pictures among other things)
[b]Personality:[/b] He usualy solves problems with bombs, or some manner fo distruction. he always doubts another person's word, and remarks with sarcasm. he's actually a nice guy, just hard to get along with.

[b]History:[/b] Lived alone for mostly all of his life, travelling around. he found his love of bombs after "accedently" exploding one in a library. he found a place to stay in Capitania
and has stayed there until something better comes along.

[b]Equipment:[/b] Necklace and Bracelet that have small "gems" on them - they are also a combination for a harsh explosive.

Is that good?
Accepted.

And I suppose that you know to stay in a medieval setting. Not accusing you of anything, just kinda making sure you know that your character has the likelihood to go...outside of the time.

If you do remember that, then please ignore that entire paragraph xD
OKay-doke - but just for clarifiacation, what would that entail?
(what exsacly would be going out of bounds?)

Thanks ^w^
Well, for this RP, gunpowder has not been invented yet, so that is what makes your character indeed special. Other things would be language and such(A lot of the stuff we use today would not have been used back then), and, well, other typical medieval-aged stuff. So just be careful ;D
My apologies, I was just think - the doll that can attack things is kinda...
well that would go under the term of magic wouldn't it?

Ah. well. ^w^
My apologies.